Here are PDF copies of the Project Book.
You can download each chapter separately or the whole book as one file.
- 01 Opening Pages.pdf- (416 KB)03-11-2016
- Acknowledements.pdf- (356 KB)03-11-2016
- Ch1 Pre-Planning Rev C.pdf- (1.9 MB)03-11-2016
- Ch2 Pre-History to Present Rev D.pdf- (617 KB)03-11-2016
- Ch3 Geology Rev B.pdf- (480 KB)03-11-2016
- Ch4 Sounding Brass Rev A.pdf- (371 KB)03-11-2016
- Ch5 Work period.pdf- (1.3 MB)03-11-2016
- Ch6 Fundraising Rev A.pdf- (397 KB)03-11-2016
- Ch7 Education Rev A.pdf- (563 KB)03-11-2016
- Ch8 Awareness Raising Rev A.pdf- (2.1 MB)03-11-2016
- Ch9 A Miscellany.pdf- (1.8 MB)03-11-2016
- Complete Book.pdf- (9.5 MB)03-11-2016
Old postcard images from the collection of Tony Goodbody (www.tonygoodbody.webs.com/apps/photos/)
Also a couple od aerial photographs from the Britain from Above website (http://www.britainfromabove.org.uk/asearch?search=clitheroe). These show the pinnacle site in 1925 before the pinnacle was relocated there. The other is 1947.
Video & Audio
North Anston Village - the location of the original quarry.
This is a page with information about the village and mentions their pinnacle.
Click the logo to go to a page with a vast amount of information about the great fire and reconstruction of the Houses of Parliament. In particular the following pages are relevant to this project. Cut and paste the links into
Here's some pdf files that might be of use. Click to download them.
- English Heritage document about the Anston stone area.pdf- (10.0 MB)08-08-2016
- Sir William Brass information.pdf- (179 KB)20-08-2015
- Stone selection report NEW BUILD 1839.pdf- (4.2 MB)20-08-2015
- Stone selection report REPAIRS 1928, .pdf- (2.7 MB)20-08-2015